January 3, 2012

American Girl is WAY overpriced



The following is just my opinion. I will respect other people feelings and thoughts, All i ask in return is that people respect mine.

I have a couple complaints for American Girl to see if anybody agree's with me.....................






I was on the American girl shopping site and was looking at some items, and I noticed they are WAY overpriced. I mean, McKenna's bed is $225!!! That's just crazy. Actually the only KcKenna item That i think is kinda reasonable is her accessories. $26 for all those items sound pretty realistic to me. And even the dolls went upin price! I heard from another blog ( I think it was Basilmentos) that they used to be $81! In 2008, when I got my first doll (JLY #22) They were $95. Then in 2010 when I got Lanie, they were $100. Now with McKenna they are $105! Do they go up $5 every couple of years?

What does everybody think of McKenna? I think she's kinda cool, but she's not original. A JLY (MAG if your going by the 2010 version) doll has almost if not the same, hair. She also looks a lot like Crissa from 2009.


Is anybody disappointed that only MAG dolls come with the code for Inner Star U? I know it makes sense, but I only have one JLY doll from 2008 and I don't plan on getting any more dolls for a while for a couple reasons:

1. Overpriced
2. I don't have the space

Of course that might change because there is a doll I really want.

If you want to, comment and tell me if you agree, or dis-agree.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that American Girl shouldn't have raised their prices any more.105 dollars for a doll is just too much, especially after you add the additional shipping costs. Everything else is pretty expensive too. The only things that aren't really that expensive, I think, would be the books and movies. For the outfits, I wish that none of them were more than 20 or 25 dollars. You used to be able to get a lot of them in that range. Now you can rarely get more than 1 without paying at least 50 or 60 dollars. It's sad, and I wish they weren't so expensive, but I'm still going to buy their products, because I love them anyway.

    About McKenna, I think she's really pretty and nice. I would get her for her hair alone! However, the face mold she has is not really my favorite, and to me she looks like a Chrissa-Mia mix, but still, I think she's really cute and a great Girl of the Year doll.

    With the MAG thing, it is kind of disappointing, but I think it's a great idea, however. They probably did it to increase their sells in their contemporary doll selection AND to compete with the hundreds of other sites that bring all sorts of toys to life. American Girl is obviously trying to make more money, and let's face it--who isn't? One thing I would NOT recommend doing though, is to buy a doll for that site alone. Because the doll is a lot better than the website, and I don't think kids needs to be spending so many extra hours playing on Interstar U when they could be playing with their actual friends, or their actual doll.

    So, saying all that, I am a little upset with American Girl, but I still love their dolls and all their products, and I would consider buying a MAG doll, but NOT for the sole purpose of gaining access to Interstar U. You can actually take a tour of the site, and even be a guest user with limited stuff you can do. I've done that, and the site is all right...but really not THAT great...at least not worth buying a doll just for that purpose great. Anyways, American Girl is awesome...they are just a little pricy.

    Great questions, and nice post!
    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete